Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Reflections on God's timing

This isn't really a "review" of anything, but just something I wanted to write about with regard to an important realization of late. 

God's timing is perfect.  As much as "during", when things are happening, it feels like things are all going wrongly, or I've made the wrong choices somehow, or somehow things aren't happening the way I'd like them to, when in the end I reflect, God's timing was perfect.

This is my reflection on our first child. The pregnancy wasn't particularly "planned" by my husband and I, and at times I felt like I didn't really want the child. Overall though, I knew that children are gifts and blessings from God, and knew that regardless of how I felt that we would continue the pregnancy.  We received much support during that time.  When it got more to "crunch time" (ie, late 3rd trimester), my husband and I were still not very prepared with regard to nursery stuff and getting all the baby stuff together.  God also blessed us during that time with many hand-me-downs and gifts from friends which later proved very useful. We were also blessed with my parents.  Who decided to come about 10 days before my due date to help us "set up".  Turns out they came at the most useful and perfect time.  They not only helped us clean up the whole house, but also set up the nursery and my study space.  As if somehow the baby knew we were ready, I went into labor just after midnight, after the day we had gotten most things "ready".  The support from my parents during the immediate post partum period was also an incredible blessing from God (my husband and I may have been starving without it, and certainly our beloved dog would have been much neglected without them).  I know my mother went through much of her own difficulties with her pregnancy and postpartum period, and for her to be there for me may have brought on her own traumatic memories. My dad, being incredibly hardworking by nature, went right to work on all sorts of odds and ends in the house that were super helpful. 

How full of grace and love and blessing our God is...  We now have a beautiful little girl to love. There is nothing I can offer in return that is worth anything compared to what God gave me already, which more importantly than all the supportive people and material things in this life, is the eternal life with Him through the sacrifice of His son Jesus Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment