Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hello Kitty Bronzer Review


Oh Hello Kitty...the whole Sephora thing didn't work out, and I had bought this bronzer on sale on Sephora.com when it seemed like Sephora was trying to get rid of their stock. I'm not a bronzer fanatic and thus don't have much experience with bronzers, so please take what I say about this product with a grain of salt.

The product itself is quite big (see comparison with my hand, and I have very big hands for a girl!).
It's cardboard material packaging, but is quite cute and classic Hello Kitty.


The bronzer itself is a shimmery one, though not the most shimmery of bronzers I've come across. For this reason I don't recommend you contour with it, as shimmer tends to highlight rather than recede. Actually most MUAs will say don't contour at all with bronzer, rather use an actual contour product that has more grey tones in it that mimick real shadows. I know a lot of people do use bronzers to contour though, so it's not a big deal (is there any real rules in makeup really...), just avoid the shimmer.

So this product I'd recommend you use on the high points of the face where the sun would hit to mimick that nice golden tan. 

As an asian lady, who generally wants to look more pale than tanned, bronzers in general aren't on my HG list. However I have been using this in the winter when I felt I needed a bit more warmth to my face. I use a light hand though, and it does nicely at that without adding any orangey-fake-tan look.

You can still get this on Amazon or Ebay though it's not available on Sephora anymore last time I checked. I think it was around $20 or less.

If you have this let me know what you thought of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment