Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 28, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette First Impressions


It's finally arrived! This came out near the end of last year actually, but was limited edition and quickly sold out, which left me feeling like I missed out on something since it has then been raved about everywhere. So when I saw that it come back "in stock" at Sephora online I jumped on it and here we are! $67 CDN later... This is a first impression post so I have only used each 3 colors once, and I love them! I will update later when I've had more chance to play with them.



Gorgeous looking palette as expected from Hourglass


Back view. I didn't realize Hourglass was made in Italy...
This palette contains 3 shades, Dim light, Incadescent light, and Radiant light


The middle shade is Incandescent, which is exclusive to this palette. It has a "pearly" texture as described, and when looking at the palette directly it appears to have very fine micro-shimmer particles. However when placed on the face (I put it on the high points of my cheekbones), they just made my feature look highlighted and glowing, with no sigh of shimmer.
 

Radiant light is a warm bronzey shade. I wouldn't use it as a bronzer though as it's not pigmented enough, perhaps unless you have very very fair skin.  I use this all over my cheekbones, high points of forehead, and bridge of the nose for some warmth where the sun would normally hit. It gives me a nice and healthy glow without looking "bronzed". 



Dim light is the all-around finishing powder at just the right shade and olive-tone-ness for my skin. I've read reviews before that people thought they looked like a "glitter ball" after putting this on and stepping into the sun. I also tested this by natural sunlight, and didn't have the same effect. I do tend to use a light hand with any powders though, so perhaps the key to using these powders effectively is to not put on too much.
 


Overall, a nice touch to your makeup arsenal. Is it HG status... as much as I am excited to have this, I know I have other ways to achieve a nice glow and thus I can live without this... I am quite happy with it overall though and I think given the size and portability it will become a staple for me on travels.

Did you get this palette this time around? Or were you lucky enough to catch it last time! Let me know what you thought of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment