Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 28, 2014

Shiseido Sun Protection Cream SPF 50+ For Face


The ongoing battle against the sun continues! Ok there's really no battle... we like sunny days, but I tan super duper easily (we're talking a shade darker in 5-10 minutes of direct exposure) and I unfortunately tan to a dirty brown color rather than a golden glow (so sad...). Currently my face is already a few shades darker than my neck and chest as somehow I have exposed myself unevenly. So here's me stepping up my SPF regime to try to not get any darker this summer! 

I've heard lots of good things about the Shiseido so read on to see how it worked for me!



 4 sunscreens in the ingredients, 2 of which are physical blocks which will cause a white cast, so I'm going in with some expectations already...



Comes out as a thick white cream, and spreads and blends in easily to a silky matte finish
(with bounced flash)
 The finish and texture is super nice and smooth and oh so matte and oh so good for summer!
However, as you can see in the photo, the part of my arm with the sunscreen has turned a couple shades lighter... on my face, it's the same effect and it unfortunately stays that way...

(indirect sunlight, no flash)
Makeup goes over this beautifully given how smooth it is. It also helped keep my T-zone less shiny and oily near the end of the day.

In the end, I think whether you will love or hate this product will come down to the shade of your skin and how ok you are going a couple shades lighter...  For myself, my face is already darker than my neck, so this actually evens me out! I am ok going out without makeup with just this sunscreen on, it doesn't make me look like I have a white face (in fact without it I have a "dark face" =P)

 For some of you whose face is lighter than your neck, this will make things worse. If you're putting foundation on anyways, it shouldn't matter as you will just become the shade of your foundation (how nice!). The texture and smoothness of this product will win you over!

Do you like sunscreens with physical blocks? Do you mind the whitecast? Share with me how these types of products work for you (or not) in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. I do like sunscreen with physical block but hate hate hate whitecast. With that said, I try to use sunscreen which kind of give my skin protection but no whitecast. I like my La Roche Posay Anthelios which is super-liquid-y. It probably doesn't give full protection but I'd rather keep re-applying than have whitecast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol darn you will abhor this sunscreen then. I gotta try your La Roche at some point I remember you posting about it before

      Delete