Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 3, 2015

Shiseido Sun Protection Eye Cream SPF 32


I haven't bought a full sized eye cream in ages... Mostly because I get a lot of deluxe samples from various places and a deluxe sample of eye cream can last a long time for me! However, with warmer and sunnier weather coming, I wanted to add something I thought was missing in my skincare: eye cream with SPF. 
 

We all put sun protection on our face in the morning for anti-aging reasons, but most of us don't bother with our eyes (at least I didn't). I guess I always figured it's such a small area anyways, or usually I'm wearing sunglasses which should provide some protection. However the more I age and the more I see lines around my eyes, the more I start thinking whether more is needed. So when I saw this product I immediately wanted to add it to my morning regimen.


As you can see it contains both physical and chemical sunblocks.


The tube is nice and sturdy, not flimsy when you squeeze it which is nice. 
 

The consistency is that of a lighter sunblock lotion. I use approximately this amount and it doesn't give me a white cast around my eyes.

This product also advertises to be anti-aging as well as moisturizing of course. I actually find it's moisturizing abilities quite lacking, so if you suffer from dry under eyes you may need another cream as well. After 3 weeks of daily use I haven't noticed any particular changes in my fine lines however I'm hoping this is more for future prevention. 

Do you use SPF in your eye cream? Do you think it's necessary?

6 comments:

  1. Good idea to start using eye cream with sun protection. I never thought I would bother as I apply a facial sunscreen daily but come to think of it, if I need eye cream on top of moisturizer , I should start looking into sun screen for eye as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I never really thought about it before either but I think it makes sense if we need to use SPF on rest of our face then why not the eye area too...I think Elizabeth Arden also makes one that is SPF15

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, it the blocking agents are all physical and your eyes are sensitive towards chemical blockers, it would be. But since it contains both, I will probably skip this. I put on sunscreen all over my face including the eye area anyway.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm I didn't think of that, it would be better if they only put physical blocks, though to get the same SPF it may cause white cast. Hehe come to think of it this may just be a glorified repackaged facial sunblock (it does feel very similar to facial sunblock lotions). Actually sometimes I wonder that about various eye creams, whether they are repackaged facial moisturizers...ah well, as long as it doesn't cause harm (except maybe to the wallet :P)

      Delete
  3. I used this a long time ago and found that it was pretty decent. I was inconsistent with it though and had to toss it due to expiry rather than getting anywhere near close to finishing. Lately I'm obsessed with sunscreen so I apply a VICHY SPF60 balm stick over my eye cream, but I sort of want to streamline the routine and have been thinking about this again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine this would probably expire before finishing too, given such a small area to use it on. I've never tried Vichy before, nor a sunscreen stick! How do you like it compared to regular lotion?

      Delete