Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Empties: June 2015


Empties time! I've been really trying hard to not buy new things and use up current stash, so it feels good to review the progress!
 Murad Black Head clearing duo: this is a 2 part product, one part scrub, one part lotion. I used this once a week for a few months, and really didn't notice a difference. Too much trouble for not much difference. Won't buy the full size.

 Issey Miyake body lotion: I loved the smell, but performance was "meh", won't buy full size.

Grace Cole Hand Cream: loved this stuff! It was a gift from Asia, not sure where to get it here but if I see it will purchase.

 Bioderma Sensibio: not much need be said here, it's good stuff (for my face that is, I don't find it that good for taking off eye makeup). Already working on a second full size bottle.

Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover: it's gentle, but not super effective. Won't buy full size.

 Shiseido lipstick: I couldn't get too excited about finishing this, because I cut out half of it to make tinted lip balms. Loved the formula, will consider buying full size once I finish up more lippies...

Sugar Lip Treatment: oh I used to love this...great formula, but totally melted + smushed around this summer. Won't be repurchasing.

 Clinique de-puffing roll-on serum: works well and is super nice and cooling. Seems to last forever though as I've had this for a few years. It's being tossed due to old age. May repurchase, not sure.

Shiseido Glow Revival Serum: healthy glow while minimizing fine lines... this was good stuff, will buy full size. 
 Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara: there's nothing "extreme" about this mascara at all...it's the most "natural" looking mascara I've ever tried, it barely makes a difference and doesn't hold curl well either. Won't be buying full size.
Clarins Body Lotion: very thick, works well, probably would have been better for winter. May purchase full size.

L.A. Colors nail polish remover: this is already my 5th or 6th tub...great remover that is acetone free and moisturizes my nails, they never look dry after. Already purchased multiple backups!




Have you tried or finished any of these products before? Let me know your thoughts!

6 comments:

  1. I actually quite like that EL mascara. It does look very natural though, that's true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I can't build it up, I liked it at first cuz it was so natural, then over time I wanted more "oomph" and I wasn't getting it. I have very sparse and short lashes though, so it's probably better for those with a fuller set already :)

      Delete
  2. Too bad the Murad blackhead duo doesn't sound promising. I just use the Biore nose strips to clear pores and find it more effective(also very satisfying in looking at how much gunk comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes those strips are gross but also fascinating somehow... the Murad is like an exfoliator, they should have just marketed it as that.

      Delete
  3. I actually really like EL mascaras. On my lashes, they just work. Mascaras are such a personal thing. What works on you might not work on others :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, makeup in general is so personal, but it's great talking to others and seeing what works for them! I haven't had much luck with EL mascaras in general, but I get so many samples, maybe one day a good one will hit me :)

      Delete