Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Eyelash Glue explosion...

I've been a long faithful user of Duo, but recently I got enticed by Velour's eyelash glue, which come in these twist ups that remind me of lip glosses. What a mistake...



 So the first use was fine...except the tip was hard to wipe off clean after...







This is the glob that needs to be wiped off, which I did eventually with a makeup wipe. Regular tissue didn't work because the fibres stuck on to the silicone tip. I wiped off very cleanly, with nothing visible left behind...

Next time I try to use it though, I twist and twist...and twist and twist... and nothing is coming out...how odd...then suddenly...





No, that is not mold on my ceiling...that is black eyelash glue...on my CEILING! The thing was just building pressure under whatever bit of glue dried up in the tip, and EXPLODED onto my ceiling, and across my entire bathroom vanity! Luckily it was not terribly difficult to wipe up once the glue dries, but it was everywhere...

Lessons:
1) do not keep twisting up if nothing is coming out...
2) always wipe up eyelash glue AFTER it dries
3) Duo is still the best... (unless you're allergic to latex, then I recommend the MUFE glue in the tiny bottle that comes with their lashes, too bad that doesn't sell individually...)

Have you had any makeup-related explosions? What was your worst? Describe me all the clean up details too...:) I needed to dig up a tall step ladder from deep within the labyrinth of my garage to get to my ceiling.

2 comments:

  1. Omg I'm so sorry to hear this!! I would totally freak out, too! That's just a really bad packaging design imo! I highly recommend a brush-on type. So much easier to use. :) Duo makes one but I recommend the D.U.P one if you have access to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely will not buy packaging like this again! At least not for glue hehe. I have never heard of DUP, I wonder if we have it here in Canada...

      Delete